Last Updated: April 2, 2022
- What Personal Information Does Merci Maman Collect?
We collect personal information about you, meaning information that can uniquely identify you, from various sources, such as:
- Directly from you when you use the Services, such as when you create an account, as part of the order creating and fulfillment process, or in submitting a support request;
- Social networks through which you may access the Services or otherwise interact with us; and
- Our service providers through which you may process payments.
The personal information we collect about you may include, without limitation:
- Contact information, such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number;
- Demographic information, such as age range, date of birth, gender, and postal code;
- Login information, such as username, password, and security questions and answers;
- Commercial information, such as records of past purchases; and
- Payment and financial details, such as securely tokenized representations of credit cards.
When you use the Services, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, is used to transmit information about actions of the user opening the page or email containing the beacon back to a web server. We may also use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Segment, and Amplitude, that collect information about use of the Services and user traffic. The information we collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
- Information about the devices you use to access the Services (such as the IP address, device ID, device type, browser type, network/ISP, and operating system);
- Dates, times, and duration of use and clickstream data when using the Services; and
- Information on actions taken when using the Services (such as page views, items put into your shopping cart, and website navigation patterns).
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve and personalize our Services, including by enabling us to identify and authenticate users and by providing you with a more seamless user experience, such as by auto filling your approximate location at checkout.
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
- How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information we collect to:
- Process orders you place and complete other transactions you have requested using the Services, and provide you with products and Services you request;
- Send you information or materials you request;
- Maintain a record of your purchases and other transactions using the Services;
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- Communicate with you about our products, Services, offers, and promotions;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and Services we offer;
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communication and strategies, including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Services and transaction conducted using the Services;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We may also use the information we obtain about you in other ways than which we provide specific notice of at the time of collection.
- Disclosure of Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual user without restriction. We may disclose personal information about you:
- To third parties we use to support our business and who are bound to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Merci Maman, users of the Services, or others;
- To third parties to market their products and services to you; and
- With your consent.
- Third-Party Services
- Data Security
We take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to protect your personal information, and to prevent your information from being lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. In particular, the system does not store or log a plaintext representation of your password. Merci Maman never logs or stores your credit card information as this information is transferred directly from your device to our payment processor, Square, and only returns a random identifier linking to the credentials stored on Square’s server. Your data is encrypted by Square in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS). Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not 100% secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
- Your Choices
We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive new cookies, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Services.
If, after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: Merci Maman 7515 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, 90046, United States. If you have received a promotional email from us, you can also opt out of receiving future promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each of our emails.
We currently use third-party services to facilitate the sending of some promotional emails. You may opt-out at any time by filling out the forms at the following links, https://privacy.liveintent.com/ and https://www.safeopt.com/manage
Please note this will remove you from promotional emails sent to you by us and other companies who may use these services.
In the future we might use a third-party service to facilitate the sending of physical, direct mail. You may opt-out at any time by filling out the form at the following link, https://opt-out.sharelocalmedia.com/ Please note this will remove you from any mailers sent to you by us and other companies who may use this service.
SMS Text Messaging
If you opt-in to our SMS Text Messaging Program, we may use your personal information to communicate with you via SMS text message for various reasons, including, but not limited to, allowing you to make updates to upcoming deliveries, sending you updates on order status, notifying you of promotions and offers, sending cart reminder messages when you have navigated away from your shopping cart, and providing you with updates on new product launches and releases. You may opt-out at any time by replying “STOP” to any message, by updating your SMS text message preferences from your Account Details page if you are registered with us, or by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Data Transfers
Merci Maman is based out of Los Angeles in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
- Privacy Notice for California Residents
Information We Collect
Personal Information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) and personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
In addition to the business or commercial purposes for collection described above, we may collect all categories of personal information described above for the following purposes:
- To process your requests, purchases, payments, and transactions, and to prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- For research and analysis to improve this Site and our products.
- To help maintain security, safety, and integrity of this Site and our products, services, databases, and other assets.
- To deliver content and product offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through this Site, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
We will continue to collect the categories of personal information described above from the sources and for the business or commercial purposes described above.
We may also use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Merci Maman’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Merci Maman about the users of this Site is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
We share your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers
- Advertising networks
- Data analytics providers
- Social networks
When we disclose your personal information to a service provider, we enter into a contract with the service provider that describes the business purpose for which your personal information is disclosed and restricts the service provider from using your personal information for any purpose except performing the contract. These disclosures will not include text messaging originator opt-in data and consent, which will not be shared with any third parties.
We may disclose to these third parties the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Identity Data
- Customer Records Data
- Commercial Data
- Internet Use Data
- Location Data
Sales of Personal Information
In the future we may sell your personal information to the following categories of third parties:
- Advertising networks
In the future we may sell to these third parties the following categories of personal information:
- Identity Data
- Commercial Data
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides you as California residents with specific rights regarding your personal information. This section describes your rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclosed for a business purpose or sold your personal information, two separate lists, disclosing:
- Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- Sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased.
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, fulfill the terms of a product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise that consumer’s free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by:
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us, but we may require authentication of the consumer that is reasonable in light of the nature of the personal information requested.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (for a maximum total of 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of a verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless the request is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request. Alternatively, we may decline to respond to the request and notify you of our reason for doing so.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: Merci Maman 7515 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90069, United States.
- Questions and Contact Information
Email for inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
7515 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90064, United States